20/03/2020 COVID-19 Update
In light of the evidence of community transmission of COVID-19, we have had to cancel non-essential appointments today to limit the traffic of clients entering the clinic. If you urgently need to be seen please call the clinic to speak to a nurse.
We are also accepting no more non-essential appointments as of Monday the 23rd of March.
We have placed additional measures to protect our clients and limit human traffic in the clinic:
- The front door is locked and we have a placed a sign indicating this. You need to knock to enter and you will be answered COVID-19 questions prior to being let into the building.
- In reception, we have placed chairs at 2 meters distance from each other to ensure social distancing. We have also restricted no more than 4 clients to be waiting indoors at any time. This is in adherence with the Government’s recommendation to have no more than 1 person in a 4 square meter space. We also have a makeshift waiting room outside the front door with the same distancing between chairs.
In terms of the PrEP clinic, it is running business as usual, but that is subject to change. The Australian Government have allowed doctors to provide telehealth consults for people who are at risk of acquiring COVID-19. Telehealth consults will primarily be conducted over the phone. The eligibility criteria for telehealth are as follows:
- people isolating themselves at home on the advice of a medical practitioner, in accordance with home
isolation guidance issued by the AHPPC, and people who meet the current national triage protocol
criteria for suspected COVID-19 infection after consultation with either the national COVID-19 hotline,
state COVID-19 hotlines, registered medical or nursing practitioner or COVID-19 trained health clinic
- people aged over 70
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged over 50
- people with chronic health conditions or who are immunocompromised
- parents with new babies and people who are pregnant.
If you satisfy any of these criteria and you would like a telehealth consult with the PrEP clinic, please call the clinic to arrange it prior to your booked appointment time.
We will continue to update you on any further changes to our service delivery.
Joe Staniszewski – Practice Manager (M Clinic + LinQ Medical)